Problem during install

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:43 PM
I am getting this error in the event log:

I have turned on logging as describe on this site but the log remains empty. Any suggestions?

{" 10/30/2007 3:38:52 PM BuildManager failed to initialize: An exception occured ... System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The 'system.serviceModel/services' configuration section cannot be created. The machine.config file is missing information. Verify that this configuration section is properly registered and that you have correctly spelled the section name. For Windows Communication Foundation sections, run ServiceModelReg.exe -i to fix this error.
at System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ConfigurationHelpers.UnsafeGetAssociatedSection(ContextInformation evalContext, String sectionPath)
at System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServicesSection.UnsafeGetSection()
at System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.LookupService(String serviceConfigurationName)
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.ApplyConfiguration()
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeDescription(UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses)
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
at Callista.BuildLab.Core.BuildManager.OpenAdministrationService()
at Callista.BuildLab.Core.BuildManager.Initialize()
"}
Oct 30, 2007 at 7:58 PM
Would .NET framework 3.0 be killing this? It doesn't look like I have installed this. (argh)
Oct 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM
Wish I could kill this. Yup. 3.0.... sigh.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:06 PM
Did you check that .net 3.0 is installed correctly? Are you running on Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 Server or above?
Oct 31, 2007 at 3:01 PM
No, my problem was that 3.0 wasn't even installed on the tfs machine. Sorry again.
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Good, I hope it solves your problem. Just get back to us if you have any other questions!